The Purple Tree Is Dead

I'm scared and I want to contact you.
I'm terrified of the consequences.
They feed me pills and it's almost funny how they think that this can be cured.
That I can be cured of you.
And I wonder how you can sleep at night.
And if you know what you have done to me.
And I wonder if you ever think of me.
And if you tore our pictures down,
if you had the courage and stomach to.
So many last goodbye's,
so many written notes of suicide.
And you probably wonder if I have the courage and stomach too.
I don't and I hate you.
You left me out to die.
If this is love, I can't take no more.
I guess my idea of love differs from yours.
'cause in my book you don't leave your loved one to die.
But my book is torn,
I am forever ruined.
My first light will be my last.
And as our beloved Jacob sang;
"I'll take my love to the grave."

No comments: