Muse

I remember the beautiful rain
The soothing sounds from the warm insides
Now that I remind myself, all I feel is pain
And how could I ever feel otherwise,
My muse

All you ever did was to pretend
You had it all planned out
You set up and played the end
You always knew that I wouldn't survive without
My muse

From the foreign fields that I'll never see
I depart and picture us there
I refuse to be what you want me to be
Without you, the home for me is nowhere near,
My muse

I sit here and wait for the meds to take effect
I play the guitar, while I don't know how
I play the notes of a de-winged insect
I play what I feel and that is sorrow,
My muse

I think of you and I break all the strings
You are haunting and hunting
I try to fly, but I have no wings
I don't think the meds are working,
My muse

My muse, may I call you my muse
You are no longer mine so I have nothing to loose
I will break his skull beneath my shoes
And after that, I'll surely get my noose,
My muse.

No comments: