Deus ex machina: ἀπὸ μηχανῆς θεός

And I can't seem to understand,
how fucking stupid I was.
I could see it from a million miles away.
From years and months and days.

I should've known better than to trust in you.
You were broken, and I was broken.
But we held each other strong.
And what we had, and what we fought for is all gone.

And I don't care anymore.
About happiness, or about you.
You betrayed, you changed and you never told me.
And how the fuck could I have been so blind,
to not see how she was caught and wanted to be released.
But it all comes down to this,

You are out there with a hope and repression of our memories.
I am here, locked inside with a dread and depression,
'cause I remember the good and the bad.

I can never cherish our memories,
not like this and not where you are.
And the way you abandoned me when I needed you the most.
You were distant and you were cold and unsure.
You felt guilty as you told me;

"I still love you, and I always will"

What is love? And what is caring?
We are all just cold damned liars.
And we set out to find happiness,
and we will do anything to achieve this.

So everything that we do is a selfish act.
Everything that we say is a manipulated fact.
We try to feel and to connect with our peers,
and we fail in the end,
'cause there are no ears.

Nobody is listening to anyone.
We will never understand someone else's thought nor feeling.
So stop pretending and stop acting,
'cause the curtains have fallen.
Give me the truth for once.
Tell me why you really left.

No comments: