Lost and Rotten

Out of all the words you said
these were the ones that could have saved us both
but you said them far too late.

And if only I would've told the truth
things would be all different now.

And I wouldn't have to rot.
Seeing the energy in their eyes.
The same energy that once sparked in mine.
It's a long way down to see them
but it's one of those times when you just can't look away.
I just want to see them,
lost and rotten,
just like I am.

And I knew when we were together
that I wouldn't have to lie.
I'm insane, I'm justified.
Even then, I did not know how to dance.

Now it's that secret in their eyes.
The one I swear that I could have touched.
But the holy mountain crumbled down.
And I'm held in these ruins,
and what once was the hope,
what once was my hope,
burned me up.
I am burned to the ground.

And wouldn't it be a waste to keep me held in these ruins?

No comments: